Be Safe on HelpingTown
It is very important to practice common sense and safety precautions even when you are online.
When meeting someone unknown or for first time, please remember to:
- Carry your cell phone with you
- Do not meet strangers in an isolated or private place
- Do not invite strangers to your home
- Insist on meeting in public place like a coffee shop
- Be careful when dealing with high-value items
- Tell a friend or family member where you're going
- Always trust your instincts
- Consider having a friend or family member accompany you
- Perform a Background check
- Run through your own personal and security check
Following some small, simple precautions helps HelpingTown to help others in a safer way.
Check out other resources for observing safety when online: